IMPORTANT INFORMATION / NOTICES
Due to the coronavirus, WREC has had to make the following changes to help protect its Members. WREC lobbies are currently open but we request masks to be worn while indoors. Customer Services are available at: wrec.net, SmartHub, or by calling your local district office. Checks, money orders, or cash payments may be placed in the Night Depository if needed. Additional security is also provided to ensure accurate posting, and any excess monies will be applied to future billing.
WREC continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) and conditions as they continue to develop. We want you to know we are here and prepared to weather this storm with you.
The Cooperative’s Emergency Operations Plan is in full activation. We are taking stringent steps to minimize health risks to all our employees and Members by implementing enhanced internal and external procedures to prevent wider spread of the virus.
At this time all WREC offices are open to the public. We still encourage members to use our SmartHub app, visit WREC on-line at wrec.net, or call our Member Service Center if you need to conduct business with the Cooperative.
Since July 1, 2020, WREC has been disconnecting accounts for non-payment if mutually agreed upon payment arrangement have not been made. Please contact our Member Service Center if you still need to make arrangements.
Here are some things we would like for you to be aware of:
- WREC is monitoring the coronavirus closely and taking the necessary steps to protect our employees and members to ensure the power continues to flow to every home and business.
- We are working with our partners throughout the state and have implemented our Emergency Response Plan.
- We have mobile, and online tools available for all our Members. Our SmartHub app is the easiest way to manage your account. Members can report power outages, receive outage updates, request streetlight repairs, and conduct a wide array of business with the Cooperative through this app.
- Scammers continue to target WREC members by threatening to disconnect service if you do not immediately pay over the phone. We will never ask any member for their personal information over the phone or demand payment using money orders or gift cards.
- WREC closed our offices to the public on March 17, 2020 at 5:00 p.m., but they have since been reopened.
- We encourage all Members who are having trouble paying their bill to contact our Member Service Center at (352) 567-5133, extension 6007, so we can work with you to develop a plan. WREC began normal disconnection procedures for non-payment on July 1, 2020, if payment arrangements had not been made.
- Please visit one of our district offices for essential services (see information below). Please remember our district office lobbies are now open, but we request masks to be worn while indoors. We are sorry for this inconvenience and wish all our Members and our employees good health.
We know this is a trying time for our Members and our country. We are taking every precaution necessary to keep every Member in service and respond to power outages and emergencies as they arise.
If you experience a power outage, visit wrec.net or call your local Cooperative Office.
Billy E. Brown
Executive Vice President and General Manager
District Office Locations
14651 21st St.
Dade City, FL 33523
30461 Commerce Drive
San Antonio, FL 33576
12013 Hays Rd.
Shady Hills, FL 34610
10005 Cortez Blvd.
Weeki Wachee, FL 34613
5330 W. Gulf-To-Lake Hwy.
Lecanto, FL 34461