WREC is monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) and conditions as they continue to develop. We want you to know we are here and prepared to weather this storm with you.
The Cooperative has activated its Emergency Operations Plan. We are taking stringent steps to minimize health risks to all our employees and Members by implementing enhanced internal and external procedures to prevent wider spread of the virus.
At this time all WREC offices will close to the public at 5:00 p.m. on March 17, 2020 until further notice. We encourage members to use our SmartHub app, visit WREC on-line at wrec.net, or call our customer service center if you need to conduct business with the Cooperative.
Here are some things we would like for you to be aware of:
- WREC is monitoring the coronavirus closely and taking the necessary steps to protect our employees and members to ensure the power continues to flow to every home and business.
- We are working with our partners throughout the state and have implemented our Emergency Response Plan.
- We have mobile, and online tools available for all our Members. Our SmartHub app is the easiest way to manage your account. Members can report power outages, receive outage updates, request streetlight repairs, and conduct a wide array of business with the Cooperative through this app.
- Scammers continue to target WREC members by threatening to disconnect service if you do not immediately pay over the phone. We will never ask any member for their personal information over the phone or demand payment using money orders or gift cards.
- WREC is closing our offices to the public on March 17, 2020 at 5:00 p.m., and they will remain closed until further notice.
- In order to help our members through this tough time WREC is suspending disconnects for non-payment and late fees until 4/15/2020. This includes prepaid accounts. WREC will only disconnect accounts at the Members request or for safety reasons.
We know this is a trying time for our Members and our country. We are taking every precaution necessary to keep every Member in service and respond to power outages and emergencies as they arise.
If you experience a power outage, visit wrec.net or call your local Cooperative Office.
Billy E. Brown
Executive Vice President and General Manager