WREC would like to introduce its newest vehicle “Lightning”. Lightning is a 2018 Chevy Bolt. Lighting is All Electric, and has a battery range of 238 miles per charge. It takes Lightning approximately 8 hours to fully charge on a 240 volt charging system. Lightning’s MSRP was $38,715.00 and its final price was $31,215.00 (excluding taxes and fees) after a 7,500.00 dollar federal tax credit. The battery warranty is 8 years/100,000 miles, the bumper to bumper limited warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles, and the power train has a warranty of 5 years/60,000 miles. Its engine has 200hp and 266 ft-lb of torque, allowing Lightning to accelerate from 0-60 in 6.5 seconds. WREC plans on adding more All Electric vehicles in the future and we will keep you informed about Lightning’s performance in future posts.
Electric Vehicles Have a Bright Future!
- According to EVs.com Americans bought approximately 72,000 plug in cars through the first 5 months in 2017.
- The range of electric vehicles have increased dramatically. In 2014 the average range of an electric vehicle was 115 miles. WREC’s new Chevy Bolt’s range is approximately 238 miles per charge.
- Electric Vehicle technology has improved significantly and advancements continue to be made.
- The availability of charging stations have increased, and apps like ChargePoint make it easier for EV drivers to find a charging location.
- Electric cars are cheaper to operate when you compare the cost of a gallon of gas to an electric charge.