WREC’s Scholarship applications have been extended until March 31, 2020. Due to our lobby closures, we will accept applications by email to [email protected] and also mailed in applications that are post marked by March 31.
Successful Candidates Must:
- Be a high school senior and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Be a bona fide resident within the service area of Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, Inc., for at least one year prior to December 31.
- Be the dependent of a Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, Inc., member.
- Plan to attend an in-state college, university or technical school full time (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester). Schools must be accredited by one of the six regional accrediting institutions, such as SACS, recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation. If the institution is a technical school it should be accredited by the Council on Occupational Education or its equivalent.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA each semester (or higher if mandated by the institution) to maintain eligibility.
Successful candidates will receive $1,375 per semester (maximum $11,000) for undergraduate studies. Applications are available at any WREC office, or your Guidance Counselor’s office, or you may download and print a copy of the application by clicking here: Scholarship Application Form. Completed applications must be returned to WREC Educational Foundation, P.O. Box 278, Dade City, FL 33526-0278. The screening and recommendation of candidates will be at the discretion of a committee designated by WREC.