WREC Educational Foundation, Inc. – Making a sound investment in young adults, and the community.
Since 1997 the WREC Educational Foundation has awarded 2,194 scholarships with a potential pay out of more than $15.8 million to high school seniors who live within our service area, and plan to attend an in-state, accredited college, university, or technical school.
Successful Candidates Must:
- Be a high school senior and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Be a bona fide resident within the service area of Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, Inc., for at least one year prior to December 31.
- Be the dependent of a Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, Inc., member.
- Plan to attend an in-state college, university or technical school full time (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester). Schools must be accredited by one of the six regional accrediting institutions, such as SACS, recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation. If the institution is a technical school it should be accredited by the Council on Occupational Education or its equivalent.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA each semester (or higher if mandated by the institution) to maintain eligibility.
Successful candidates will receive $1,500 per semester (maximum $12,000) for undergraduate studies. Applications are available at any WREC office, or your Guidance Counselor’s office, or you may download and print a copy of the application by clicking here: Scholarship Application Form. Completed applications must be returned to WREC Educational Foundation, P.O. Box 278, Dade City, FL 33526-0278. The screening and recommendation of candidates will be at the discretion of a committee designated by WREC.
Application forms will be available October 1, 2021 and must be postmarked no later than March 12, 2022. For any questions pertaining to the application please email [email protected].
** The deadline has just been extended until March 25, 2022. Applications must be postmarked by then to be eligible. **
The WREC Educational Foundation was established as a result of a Bylaw change approved by the membership in 1995. The provision allows funds that would have been escheated to the State of Florida to be used in a ‘qualified educational charity’.
For information on the WREC Educational Foundation, Inc. Scholarships, contact your Guidance Counselor or local WREC District Office.
Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, Inc. Offices:
Billy E. Brown Corporate Center: 352-567-5133
One Pasco Center District Office: 352-588-5115
Crystal River District Office: 352-795-4382
Bayonet Point District Office: 727-868-9465
West Hernando District Office: 352-596-4000