WREC Scholarships available from the WREC Educational Foundation, Inc.
WREC Educational Foundation, Inc. – Making a sound investment in young adults, and the community.
Since 1997 the WREC Educational Foundation has awarded 2,304 scholarships with a potential pay out of more than $17.2 million to high school seniors who live within our service area, and plan to attend an in-state, accredited college, university, or technical school.
Successful Candidates Must:
- Be a high school senior and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Be a bona fide resident within the service area of Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, Inc., for at least one year prior to December 31.
- Be the dependent of a Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, Inc., member.
- Plan to attend an in-state college, university or technical school full time (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester). Schools must be accredited by one of the six regional accrediting institutions, such as SACS, recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation. If the institution is a technical school it should be accredited by the Council on Occupational Education or its equivalent.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA each semester (or higher if mandated by the institution) to maintain eligibility.
How to Spot a Scam
Recently, several Members have contacted us and reported that certain individuals called them pretending to represent WREC. Please review the picture information about how to spot a scam. Be safe and do not get scammed, especially during these trying times.Read more about How to Spot a Scam
Electric Vehicles are the Future!
WREC recently launched it’s new choose EV feature on its website to allow our Members to make informed decisions about EV’s and provide them with the most accurate and updated information available. This is located on the top tab of our home page under ‘EV Information‘. Please check this out as there is a multitude of up-to-date information regarding Electric Vehicles. WREC is Prepared!Read more about Electric Vehicles
WREC’s Member Newsletters are designed to inform our Members of a myriad of items going on throughout our Cooperative. These could range from service or safety articles, community outreach projects, notices for our Annual meeting, information about our yearly Hurricane season, WREC scholarship awards, and many more. These Newsletter are intended to let our Members know what we are doing in our community and all of the programs we offer them. We appreciate our Members!View and download newsletters