WREC Eduational Foundation Scholarships Now Available!
Deadline March 20, 2020.
Successful Candidates Must:
- Be a high school senior and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Be a bona fide resident within the service area of Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, Inc., for at least one year prior to December 31.
- Be the dependent of a Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative, Inc., member.
- Plan to attend an in-state college, university or technical school full time (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester). Schools must be accredited by one of the six regional accrediting institutions, such as SACS, recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation. If the institution is a technical school it should be accredited by the Council on Occupational Education or its equivalent.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA each semester (or higher if mandated by the institution) to maintain eligibility.
To find out more about the WREC Educational Foundation, please click on the link below.Read more about WREC Eduational Foundation Scholarships »
Sunshine and 340 Megawatts of New Solar!
Florida has long been known as the Sunshine State. WREC and its wholesale power provider, Seminole Electric Cooperative, are making huge investments in solar to meet the growing energy needs of our Members.
Florida is currently ranked 3rd in the United States for solar panel potential and is the 5th fastest growing solar market in the country. The increased efficiency of solar panels and the decrease in cost has fueled the growth in new solar projects.Read more about Solar energy »
Vincent House Groundbreaking
“Recovery through Work” WREC Works To Improve Mental Health In Our Communities!
With over 200 attendees, a groundbreaking ceremony for the new Vincent House Pasco was held on June 24th. This groundbreaking is a culmination of years of work and partnerships to build mental health capacity in our communities. It all started with a request from Members and a survey by the United Way that showed our area lacked necessary mental health services.Read more about Vincent House »
WREC’s Member Newsletters are designed to inform our Members of a myriad of items going on throughout our Cooperative. These could range from service or safety articles, community outreach projects, notices for our Annual meeting, information about our yearly Hurricane season, WREC scholarship awards, and many more. These Newsletter are intended to let our Members know what we are doing in our community and all of the programs we offer them. We appreciate our Members!View and download newsletters »